• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    God of War | Boy, I’m trying to explain lore to you (cross post)

    God of War | Boy, I’m trying to explain lore to you (cross post)


    Boy, I’m trying to explain lore to you (cross post)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Duraþrór

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    This is what Kratos was originally going to look like

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Wholesome tickling moment

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    B/W filters are so cool

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    "MIND YOUR TONGUE BOY!"

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Recently got back into digital drawing and did a face study of Kratos

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    Speculation on Ragnarok, Folkvangr and Thor

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Since the announcement of God of War: Ragnarok, I have revisited the GoW (2018) and begun speculating about the story going forward. Let's start with a common theory.

    Thor will kill Kratos early in the story:

    Its almost a certainty Thor and Kratos will face off in the next game, especially after the secret ending of GoW (2018). I don't think anybody doubts that Kratos could take on Thor, but after the death of Baldur and his sons, he will be particularly furious. I believe Thor will overpower and kill Kratos, and kidnap Atreus.

    Like I said this isn't exactly a new theory, a lot of people have suggested that Kratos will die, it is also foreshadowed on the mural at the end of GoW (2018). But many have suggested that Kratos will survive by being sent to Valhalla, but seeing as Odin rules over Valhalla, I doubt this would be the case. Instead, I think Kratos will be brought to Folkvangr, by Freya.

    What is Folkvangr?

    In Norse Mythology, Folkvangr is a counterpart to Valhalla, a place ruled by Freya where warriors go when they die. There was no mention of Folkvangr in the previous game, so I believe that Freya creates it at some point after Baldur's death. We know from Mimir that she was looking to reclaim her Valkyrie powers. I believe this is so she could raise an army of fallen warriors to rival Valhalla.

    Why bring Kratos here if they're enemies?

    I think Freya will broaden her goal to take vengeance on Kratos by also planning to destroy the Aesir. We know Freya believes in Ragnarok and that she feared it, but this is likely because she knew Ragnarok would only commence upon the death of Baldur. I believe now that Baldur is dead, Freya will will work towards Ragnarok, seeing it as the only way to kill Odin.

    This is where Kratos comes in. Freya knows Kratos has already shown that he has the power to fast forward the events of Ragnarok. I think she will spare Kratos by bringing him to Folkvangr to enslave him, using him as a pawn to ensure that Ragnarok happens. This could harken back to how Athena used him to destroy Olympus.

    Ok, but why would Thor kidnap Atreus?

    We know that it is part of Odin's plan to bring Atreus to Asgard. Both Baldur and Modi tried to kidnap him, and after Magni is killed, Modi ominously says that Atreus is going to be his new brother. As the last descendent of the Giants in Midgard, perhaps Odin believes that Atreus can help Thor stop Ragnarok, which leads me on to my next theory:

    Thor will be a playable character.

    I know suggesting playable characters other than Kratos is a controversial topic, but I believe playing as Thor in GoW: Ragnarok could be very possible. Many of the Norse tales involve Thor and Loki and their exploits together across the nine realms. Many of these were stories were creatively rewritten in GoW (2018) not to include Loki seeing as he hasn't even met Thor and the other gods yet at that point in the story.

    I believe that playing as Thor would work for many reasons. Atreus would most likely act as a companion to Thor similarly to how he functioned in GoW (2018). With both characters respective hatred of each other's kind, we can assume their relationship would be very... uneasy This could provide in an interesting contrast to Atreus' relationship with Kratos, and would be faithful to their tense relationship in mythology.

    It would also grant an interesting perspective on Asgard and the other gods. We can assume that by the time Kratos gets to Asgard, he will be there to kill the other gods. If we explore Asgard with Thor and Atreus, it will be more impactful when we return as Kratos to destroy it.

    submitted by /u/CianDoherty
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Kratos Stater Pack

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Made some awesome God of War decals today. Hoping to put them on my ps5 when I get it

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    Enemy designs are as intricate as they are awesome.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I haven’t played the other games since I was a wee tot

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Can u explain to me why kratos is so mean to Atreus??? I get the protective thing and "be a better warrior" but in the beginning when he reaches towards him and almost does to show comfort after he said something about his dead mother he retracts and continues to let him know he must do better.

    submitted by /u/Miyanigames
    [link] [comments]

    Cory Barlog and Santa-Monica Studios Actually Saved My Life

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I've been so very depressed because of some personal problems involving my health, my freedom, and my emotional and mental stability. I have Bipolar, Panic Disorder, and Depression diagnoses. This is not me complaining, quite the contrary.

    Despite what has been going on in my life, GOW, Cory, and all he and the game stand for have kept me going. As stupid as this sounds I think that the amount of pride the developers put into the game, how huge the game is, how monumental the story feels, and how much effort went in to everything really shows not only the best in gaming but the best in humanity.

    When one watches interviews with Cory, one can tell how passionate he is about his game, his fans, and most of all his team. He cares deeply about Judge and his other cast members as well as the development crew, and it led to a stunning project that honestly defied expectations and at the VERY LEAST tied RDR2 in magnificence.

    I really wish Cory could see this so he could know what he has meant to me. I don't mean to be a fan boy or anything, but SMS, Cory, Judge, the whole team just inspire the hell out of me and have helped me so much it makes me extremely emotional. So for a lack of a better place to post this: thank you Cory.

    submitted by /u/elilovesprivacy
    [link] [comments]

    Old concept art Kratos vs Final Product Kratos ¿What do you guys think?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    How did Mimir not know who Kratos was instantly

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    It took Mimir finding out Zeus was Kratos' father for him to piece together he was the Ghost of Sparta, how didn't he guess this before? Pale white skin and red tattoos, he guessed he was Greek from Athena, he recognised Athenas name so he knows the names of the Greek Gods so surely he'd know who Kratos was just from the name Kratos himself and him being a God as Kratos was the God of War for some time, the name Kratos is surely as infamous as the Ghost of Sparta

    submitted by /u/windsofwho
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know any easier and faster way to kill the Stone ancient?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Every time I try to beat it I keep dying over and over again

    submitted by /u/ryderrogan1028
    [link] [comments]

    My 1st youtube video. Ofcourse its my best boss fight from God of War

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    What does everyone think Fenrir will look like in Ragnarök?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    What does everyone think?

    submitted by /u/Ivanhunterjo1991
    [link] [comments]

    These eyes have seen some serious sh*t

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Ragnarok March or April release?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Every single god of war game had either come out in March, or April. But it feels weird considering we are only around 5-6 months away and have gotten 0 news about it.

    submitted by /u/galaxyboi10
    [link] [comments]

    I just figured this out

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Kratos has killed gods and slain thousands of beasts and hes been wearing slippers while doing it.

    submitted by /u/FMM_BELMO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel