• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 3, 2020

    God of War | Not really

    God of War | Not really


    Not really

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    Painted Kratos bust

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Even animal crossing can’t escape my favorite video game character! I made my new town flag today.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Damn

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Just found this community today. Same day I finished the plat on one of my all time faves!!

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Off to try Sigrun on GMGOW+ for the first time. Wish me luck.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Upped the difficulty to GMGOW for new game plus. Been a ride. I'll let y'all know when I'm done.

    submitted by /u/Nirosat
    [link] [comments]

    Finished it in 20 days

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Struggling with the elevator fight

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    I struggle with the timed mission of the elevator I cant beat the enemies fast enough and fall off. I tried to kick enemies off, use Njord's tempest and Rage But every time its a clutch against the revenant.. Also im so bad at aiming that it takes me 2 seconds to kill the nightmares. Any tips on how to improve?

    submitted by /u/TheRealSpill
    [link] [comments]

    Did Warner Bros/Midway Games just rip off Kratos's character in the 2020 portrayal of Scorpion in the recent Mortal Kombat movie? Or was Kratos "inspired by" the Scorpion from 1992?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Is it really that hard to get Anchor of Fog?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I'm currently playing on new game plus and haven't defeated any valkyries yet. Do I need to walk through a pattern? Can I skip the arenas and go straight to the mini boss? Or should I cear the arenas before and go to the mini boss? Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Thelemachus
    [link] [comments]

    I see a lot of these necklaces posted online...anyone know if they’re worth buying? They look cool but for such a low price I’m not sure about quality ��

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Completed GOW!!!

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Completed GOW yesterday with the Deadly mist armor set and killed him(no spoilers)!!! Finally. Also killed 1 Valkrie, 7 more to go!! Almost Everything else done in the game! I can't wait for GOW 5. Probably will start New game + mode with my new armor and a tougher difficulty setting, replay. In the meanwhile, can someone suggest other great games with a good story and settings like GOW? Witcher 3? Spider-Man? Already finished Last of us and I didn't like Bloodborne for some reason. Already played Yakuza 6. Please help me get out of GOW hangover with a good new suggestion :-)

    submitted by /u/crackboot83
    [link] [comments]

    Is the novelization worth reading?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I absolutely love the game and I've been wanting to read a Norse inspired story for a while. I've been wondering if I should read the novel. Does it add more than the game or is it like a different experience?

    submitted by /u/White_Rabbit800080
    [link] [comments]

    Does horn of heimdall dual wield glitch still work?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Been trying it all day and even though I get the right animation from using the glaive runic I always go back to chaos blades. He throws an invisible axe and then switches to chaos blades after it returns. Am I doing something wrong or did it get patched?

    submitted by /u/SlitThaClit69
    [link] [comments]

    Evidences Of Who Called The Serpent + Time Travel

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    Guys, remember when the serpent throw us out? Kratos wondered why would it spit they there, in that place close to the dead giant. I was thinking about something, about the mysterious moment when someone called the serpent. What if whoever called it advised Jormungandr to spit them right there to make Baldur die in that moment. Right after finishing the game Mimir said that the prophecy was not counting on you. Maybe when Atreus traveled to the past, our present, he started trying to make things different, maybe better than what happened to him. I got myself thinking about that because it's like the serpent knew exactly how to unite Freya, Baldur, Kratos and Atreus. That hole situation would make Kratos kill Baldur 100 yeas before (Mimir said that Baldur wasn't supposed to die for at least 100 years more) of what would have happened without Atreus's intervention. That also would explain why Atreus had kids(Jormungandr and Fenrir), because the future version had 100 years more than the one that we play. Now the Ragnarok is going to happen way sooner than before, 3 years after the game's ending.

    submitted by /u/thedeathawaits699
    [link] [comments]

    How I fell in love with God Of War

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    During the PS2 era, I never played any God Of War games.

    I realised that it was considered some of the best games of that generation and even all time, but for some reason, it never grabbed me.

    I was more into other games at the time like Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and Resident Evil 4. But I remember having friends who truly loved the game and would talk about them to me constantly. And that stuck with me.

    Fast forward into 2016. To Sony's E3 Conference. And I remember feeling the excitement in the room when an orchestra started playing this grand epic piece. Once the gameplay started, I was so curious to see what the game was. What was this game with this boy?

    And then you hear it:

    BOY!

    The boy starts walking towards a hut and out of the shadows comes Kratos. The entire room went crazy. And I myself was like "Oh wow, they are bringing God Of War back!".

    Once the gameplay started, I realised that the game was very different from its predecessors. It didn't seem like the hack and slash games of the past. There seemed to be a bit more nuance and strategy in the way it was played. But the biggest thing that I noticed was how it reminded me of The Last Of Us, one of my favourite games of all time. To have a God Of War game where Kratos would have a son who would humanise him more was really interesting to me. And having that dynamic made me more intrigued in regards to the story.

    So, I thought to myself:

    "Alright, I think I want to play this."

    But I wasn't going to buy it day one. I thought I would buy it later down the line. Though once the reviews came out, claiming this game to be a masterpiece and seeing the 94 score on Metacritic, I decided to immediately buy it day 1. And it was the best decision I ever made. I had to pay full price for this game.

    It's one of the best games of this generation and certainly by far the most polished one. The graphical quality of this game was on another level. I remember going close to rocks and trees to see if there that dip at times in terms of graphics. It never happened. I had never experienced a game that was able to do this. And be so big, with so many things to do, and so much to explore.

    My only nitpick (and it's a personal preference) was that I didn't like that the story suddenly stopped so you would have the home area open up more to do more side quests. And for some reason, I felt that was overwhelming. Of course you didn't have to do them, but I kinda wish these were implemented more as it were part of the story in some ways. But that's just a nitpick. It's still a 10/10 game for me.

    Loved the gameplay, graphics, story, execution of it all making it seem like it's all done in one shot was all amazing.

    And then a few days ago I watched the Raisinig Kratos documentary. I knew it had been hard for Cory Barlog and the Santa Monica Studios team, but the documentary gave great insight into that. I really feel for all involved and to re-watch Cory's vlog of the night he saw the reviews was even more heartwarming.

    Cory deserves all of the accolades, everyone involved does.

    I have it currently in my Top 10 games of all time and feel like with time it will rise in the ladder.

    Because this isn't a game to just be better, it's also about being sorry and becoming better through it.

    And that resonated a lot with me.

    submitted by /u/Kaze_Hebi
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through God of War, never played the previous games

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    I'm at the part where Kratos finds his old weapons and I'm a little clueless what all the backstory is. I'm thinking about going and watching the cutscenes from the the previous game on YouTube as a sort of flashback. Is that worth the time or should I just keep going?

    submitted by /u/buckeye837
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a canon explanation how kratos traveled to Midgard ?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    If not what are your theories?

    submitted by /u/Boring-Cunt
    [link] [comments]

    For all those struggling with Ivaldi's workshop (and Revenants in particular)

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    You probably know how annoying Revenants are when it comes to finishing the workshop favours and collecting Mist Echoes at Ivaldi's workshop, be it on normal difficulty or on GMGOW. Now, there is a trick to collecting Mist Echoes without much effort. If you have had the experience of not dying for multiple runs, you probably noticed you somehow always get the same group of enemies. That is not a coincidence. Whenever you die, the enemies are switched. I haven't tested enough to tell you if at random or at a certain order but a few hours or making runs have taught me so. For example, I was dying almost every time yesterday because I was kind of frustrated and could not concentrate entirely on the game. Back then after each death the grouping of enemies changed. Today, though, I just started playing for the fun and survived for 3-4 runs amassing around 25k of Mist Echoes. However, when I died (didn't pay enough caution to Draugrs), on the next run I was welcomed by Nightmares and Vikens.

    Here are the groups I have met so far:

    1) Draugrs, Tatzelwurms, Traveller 2) Nightmares, Vikens, Traveller 3) Wolves, Vikens, Revenants 4) Draugrs, Tatzelwurms, Dark Elf Lord 5) Draugrs, Wolves, Ogre 6) Revenants, Dark Elves, Wolves, Traveller 7) Revenants, Tatzelwurms, Draugrs, Ogre

    There are variations of these beasts, meaning Draugrs can be with fire feet, core or sth else. Tatzelwurms are poisonous mainly.

    There could be a hole in my theory, so please fill in with your own observations if you want. In any case, if this is correct, now you can die/or reload checkpoint to check and see if you can evade Revenants until you have the proper equipment to practice and master them.

    Easiest way to beat them for me is to use Shock Arrows on one while running towards them. Once up close and personal, I use Hyperion Slam and Rage of the Titans, switch to Axe and use Leviathan's Wake whilst firing arrows after each attack. In case of two or more Revenants and company, I finish closest Revenant immediately and focus on dodging while chipping at other enemies' health, or the other way around until Blades and Axe skills are ready. Blocking and evading with good timing is still essential. That way it's a tough fight but at least they are dead before they know it. :D

    submitted by /u/x9a4
    [link] [comments]

    Did you catch that?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Did you catch that?

    Both Grendel of the Ashes and Grendel of the Frost have Tyr's rune on their chests. Surely these two trolls are under Tyr's spell to protect the Black Rune.

    -My theory, Images by DotPone (Twitter)

    https://preview.redd.it/kkju3ioplkw41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=1d0af919fbc1175aea69977b3ae35de0f2659a7c

    https://preview.redd.it/wxs9hoxolkw41.png?width=1080&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb108bd9fb4de84c223eb8b759e48be54029b9b6

    submitted by /u/InfoGodofWar
    [link] [comments]

    Going back to previous locations

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    Hi, I just started the game (I made it to the lake so far) I took a peek at the map, and it says the previous location is thirty-something percent complete, which is kinda disappointing given that I made quite an effort to look at every corner. I read that it is possible to go back to areas you already completed, is it worth doing at this stage? I could really use some XP as Kratos feels rather underpowered now (level 2 with a little over 1000 XP).

    submitted by /u/Kalasz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel