• Breaking News

    Friday, February 12, 2021

    God of War | Sad journey

    God of War | Sad journey


    Sad journey

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 08:07 AM PST

    My own guide for climbing the rotating knife column in the path to Hades in GOW1.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 04:26 AM PST

    Just finished reading the book for the 2018 game. It's pretty good.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 11:10 PM PST

    Finished drawing Vegeta as Kratos. How is it everyone

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:22 AM PST

    Goin Full UltraInstinct - 250 luck + Talisman of Realm's

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:50 AM PST

    PlayStation Studios boss "can’t wait for people to see" his most anticipated game, God of War Ragnarök

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:40 AM PST

    Just started playing god of war 2018 and chose the difficulty “I want a challenge”

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 05:13 AM PST

    I wasn't ready for a challenge lol

    Super fun game though, I haven't played these games since the first one and I'm regretting not doing so

    submitted by /u/specmusic
    [link] [comments]

    God of War turned me into a believer

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:40 AM PST

    For the first 10 hours of God of War, I didn't see an instant classic.

    I struggled to find the joy in God of War 2018 from the outset. I was a fan of the previous games in the series, but I felt like the puzzles continued to break the fluidity of gameplay and the true depth of the combat was hidden behind hours of arbitrary upgrades and XP walls. I'd go as far to say that I wasn't sure how much I wanted to keep playing in the first half of the game. I love deep, complex action games that take skill and mastery, but with only one weapon with a handful of moves available at one time, I felt like the game spreading itself too thin. There were times when the combat felt genuinely gratifying and mechanically satisfying, but having to stop every five minutes to solve a Nornir chest puzzle or march through another unskippable cutscene was testing my patience. Those weren't the reasons I was playing God of War.

    However, by the end of the game, my perception of the game had completely shifted and I wound up loving it. In particular, fully upgrading the blades and axe lent a tremendous amount of complexity to the combat that I had only begun to discover. The Valkyrie fights were, by far, the most enjoyable and challenging portions of the game for me, because I really had to push the mechanics as far as they could go. The Valkyrie armor set was a nice reward, but more of a proud trophy the game allowed me to wear for my efforts.

    Muspelheim trials were also exceptionally good for a late-game addition, and it made farming for Valkyrie armor upgrades a bit less painful, because the combat was so much goddamn fun. I found a runic combination for the blades and axe that worked extremely well and fit my playstyle, and combined with the maxed Valkyrie set, allowed enough cooldown for the runics to take an active role in the combat. Suddenly, I had tons of moves at my disposal and a variety of ways to interplay amongst them. Larger hordes of enemies became some of the most fun I've had in an action game, because no matter how challenging it may get, the fundamental joy of hitting demons always feels refreshing and complex.

    Slowly, I began to understand why the area layouts were designed the way they were. The Bifrost travel system became less of a bother, because each area was so unique and visually exciting. Someone referred to a lot of GOW's collectables as Metroid in spirit, and that helped me see a bigger picture that I hadn't considered before. I may not love everything about the climbing sections, but the game incentivizing players well enough in spite of that. By the end of the game, I was treasure hunting not because I needed the rewards, necessarily, but because it felt good to play amidst the violent demon hitting. It was a reprieve from the exhaustive combat, not a central focus.

    It's no secret that GOW's development was enormously challenging and that most of the game's devoted development time occurred in the last year and a half before the game shipped. That sort of the pressure is felt at times during the game, particularly in its finale, which can't escape a slightly rushed feeling and an visually-thrilling-but-mechanically-underwhelming final boss. However, by the time the game clicked for me in the final third, I had fallen in love with the robust, challenging, complex combat and surprisingly nuanced exploration. Joseph Anderson called the game greater than the sum of its parts, and it took me a while to see it, but I have since come around to that perspective.

    God of War is a great game and an important game. It feels like a triumph of the medium and a genuinely heart-warming success story for the video game industry. That's not to say it's perfect. There are a couple storytelling beats the game doesn't always hit, the RPG elements still feel halfbaked, and it's pretty clear that the main quest wasn't even finished by the time it needed to be released. However, the further it went, the more the rich combat took precedence over everything and the more I began to actually feel like the god of war. I was enraptured and enthralled by the end of the game, and it left me more excited to play its NG+ mode than just about any game I've ever played. I loved God of War, I expect it to be in regular rotation for me over the next few years, and it's probably my second favorite action game just behind Devil May Cry 5.

    If Cory Barlog & Co. can pull a game of this caliber out of 1.5 years of pressured, committed development, imagine what they're capable of with more financial and creative freedom after such a roaring success. Ragnarok can't arrive soon enough.

    submitted by /u/dmarty77
    [link] [comments]

    PLATINUM, absolutely love small features like this, definitely unexpected but greatly appreciated!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:48 AM PST

    Finally for once I collected them all and tried to be a photographer

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:39 AM PST

    Muspelheim tower axe pommel?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:02 AM PST

    Can I play through the game then go back and get it? I heard someone say you can't because the water level changes. Please help. 🥺

    submitted by /u/Doomsayr87
    [link] [comments]

    TRAVELER CHAMPION GMGOW HELP ME!!!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:33 AM PST

    So im trying to get this fcking chisel and now i have to get passed this fckin overpowered bs miniboss traveler champion. You know the one with giant dumba$$ sword and the sheild on the back and moves alll slow. Im at my wits end. When hes by himself its not bad. But then he summons draugr adds and when im trying to kill the bastards he holds his little rock in the air and one shots me. I know i can stop the attack by throwin my axe at him but im focused on killing the fckin draugr.

    submitted by /u/Nickel-for-a-Pickle
    [link] [comments]

    Any predictions for the new GOW game title?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 12:12 PM PST

    What I'm thinking is like God of War: Betrayal or maybe God of War: Rise of Loki but I wanna hear your thoughts!

    submitted by /u/Jake152030
    [link] [comments]

    My sketch idea for Gow 5 (I hope this will happen)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:24 AM PST

    Hi! I'm a college student conducting a project about the production of God of War and I need some help.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 11:12 AM PST

    Hello, I have a final project for my project management class where I have to analyze the processes, management, team structures, etc, on a specific project. My group chose God of War, and I'm excited to learn more about how this great game was made!

    However, what I am currently lacking is a method of communication between myself and someone attached to the project. What I'm asking is if anyone here can help me get in contact with someone at Santa Monica Studios, preferably someone on the project management team, who can aid my group in getting the lacking information we need to finish our project.

    Thanks for taking the time and I hope to hear a response.

    submitted by /u/RITmuralist
    [link] [comments]

    If it comes out this year, new God of War a grand in my pocket ���� /s

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:22 PM PST

    Better comparison

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:31 AM PST

    New Kratos seems to resemble this bulkier type look from one of the old comics compared to his bigger leaner body from before

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:36 PM PST

    Some phone wallpapers I made my first time using photo mode, people can definitely do better!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:41 PM PST

    Kratos is actually Tyr, and Atreus is actually Fenrir. I'm probably wrong, but I really like this theory; a list of theories that link.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 09:38 AM PST

    the way that everything has played out; that's exactly how they are gonna do it. The following is a list of things in the game that I don't think are coincidence and can be attributed to the title above.

    #1 Mimir's memory: In the game itself the memory of Mimir has been shown to be quite easily tampered with by Freya (Frigg). But, lets face it. She is extremely good with the old magics and stuff yah? BUT, its specifically Vanir magic or (giant-ish). Whos to say that she hasn't done it before on Mimir. But, the first time wasn't to forget anything but the appearance of Tyr himself. That's why he had such a hard time trying to figure out why a guy in ash was the ghost of Sparta; because he was thinking hes heard Kratos' voice before. (Even crazier idea is that Tyr found a spell thanks to the giants that helped him erase his exitance from everyone's mind and become reincarnated as Zues son jkjk unlesss..... (lol thats the coffee hitting me too hard lol))

    #2 Tyr's legend in OUR world: In our world the legends tell of Tyr and Fenrir and the bond they had. Tyr raised Fenrir, protected Fenrir, and even with Odin breathing down his neck the entire time....loved Fenrir.

    #2.5 The mural/why it matters to point #2: The mural at the ending (yes before Atreus called himself Loki, I'm getting there.) had a few major things that sparked all of this over the last year of playing. 3 things are known about the mural. First, it shows two figures; Second, it shows runes that translate roughly to "betrayal"; And third, the section where the arm of the laying down figure is missing/broken.

    Why does this matter? because in the story of Tyr in OUR world. It was a story that ended in Tyr betraying Fenrir's trust. I already hear you. "SO YOU THINK KRAYTOS IS GONNA???" No. I don't.

    #3 Frigg betrayed us because Freya was mad: Crazy right? knowing that they are both the same person doesn't make sense at first. But, Odin is gonna wanna know what happened to Balder, AND Freya wants revenge. So I'm pretty positive the betrayal isn't from Kratos, or Atreus. But, Freya turning her back on the last giant and betraying her kind by telling Odin who and where they are, thus her now being Frigg in his eyes. All due because she did something worthy of his attention. This is why Thor comes. This is how Thor finds them, and Thor is pissed too. Wouldn't you be if both your sons got killed??

    #4 Thor mad, Thor smash arm off: Yup. As Thor draws his hammer, he will call lighting down and aim it with Mjolnir right at Kratos' arm. Thor will snatch Atreus from Kratos laying on the ground, throw Atreus at a tree and it knocks him out. Fading in and out we see Thor beating us to death, Atreus knocked out. Then it will fade to black. A Valkyrie takes us to Valhalla and Thor takes Atreus away.

    There's a lot more that I think will happen but I don't have conclusive evidence on any of this. I just theory craft in my down time . THANKS ALL WHO READ ALL! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY COUNTERS FOR MY POINTS!!

    submitted by /u/Bearly_Stoned
    [link] [comments]

    I freaking love this shot �� hope you like it

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:26 PM PST

    an interview with David Jaffe from Al-Hub coming soon

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 07:36 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel